[ardour-dev] hopefully quick question re: Ardour

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Oct 28 09:09:19 PDT 2004

Hi Paul:

  I'm proceeding with my LJ article about recording with Ardour,
everything's going pretty well at the basic levels. Recording is easy,
fx are simply applied, etc., pretty straightforward stuff.

  Occasionally Ardour spits out a message that JACK has disconnected
because Ardour's too slow, but I haven't lost any material from the
error. My hardware is kinda slow anyway (800 MHz Duron)...

  More importantly, there appears to be no MIDI support at all. No MIDI
tab in the Options window, and only a non-operational "Send MTC" button
in the Sync tab. When I start Ardour I get a warning that MMC can't use
the specified device, and apparently it doesn't like any of the device
names I've entered for it in ~/.ardour/ardour.rc. Have I missed
something somewhere ? I wouldn't be surprised... :)

  Ardour version is CVS nightly tarball retrieved Oct 27. System is
Planet C RH9, GCC 3.2.2, JACK 0.99.0, and ALSA 1.0.4 (for Delta 66 card).

Best regards,

dp