[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] fst configure error

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 13 16:15:11 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 15:59, Josh Karnes wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> >>oh and fwiw,
> >>
> >>kernel is 2.4.21-1.11.rhfc1.ccrma from the planet
> >
> > I don't see how the kernel would have an influence, but at least that
> > tells me that this is on Fedora Core 1 (I'll boot my laptop on the FC1
> > disk to try it). On RedHat 9 I do what you do and ardour is happy. I
> > just tried with Cannyon Delay and the Bode Frequency Shifter and they
> > are happy being edited.
> >
> > Have you upgraded all your other packages to the latest version? There
> > may be a hidden problem with a library  having a bug (or misfeature),
> > and the same so version (so that ardour does not complain). I build all
> > binaries with the latest redhat/fedora upgrades installed (at the time
> > of the build). Just guessing here. Another thing that occurs to me, have
> > you installed libraries manually? (ie: configure; make; make install).
> >
> > Could you send me off list the list of packages you have installed in
> > the machine?
> > "rpm -q -a >rpmlist" will do.
> > And also the output of "ldd /usr/bin/ardour"...
> >
> > If I were you I'd reconsider, if possible, to put it on the network, you
> > pretty much need that to use Planet CCRMA and stay up to date.
>
> HEYYY--
>
> I freshened some combo of dependency files and the ccrma binary works.
>
> I don't know which ones I did, but I'll try and figure out... it was three or
> four of them.

Do an "rpm -q -a --last" and you will see the "history" of installs,
time ordered. The ones at the top should be the ones that changed
ardour's behavior.

Glad it's working...
-- Fernando