[ardour-dev] MTC Ardour master Samplitude slave

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Oct 13 15:22:23 PDT 2004

Hi Geoff:

  I'm running Ardour beta19 built from today's CVS tarball. When I try
using MTC Out I receive a bunch of messages telling me this:

    Session: cannot send quarter-frame MTC message (operation not
permitted).

  I've tried all time flavors but I get the same message. The error
locks up Ardour: the GUI disappears in parts, the playback cursor stops,
and I have to kill it manually.

  Can you give some more details regarding your success with MTC ? What
MIDI devices are you using ? Did you perform any particular magic
incantation at a certain time of day, anything like that ? ;)

Best,

dp