[ardour-dev] Loading a session in beta21 crashes X

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 9 04:22:33 PST 2004

>As per the subject. I have a simple session made in ardour 0.9beta21,
>and when I load the session it crashes not just ardour but takes X down
>with it.

lets start with a complete description of your system. hardware,
kernel version, X server version, any desktop environment in use, as
much as you can think of.

>out how it is possible for ardour to take down the entire machine and if

not the whole machine, just the X server. there are definitely some X
server setups out there that are unstable in the face of programs that
are can be as potentially resource-hungry as ardour.

--p