[ardour-dev] Testing cvs 05/01/2004

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun May 2 04:55:56 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 06:36, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> * Master output sounds "overloaded" although the mixer settings should
> be okay. I think this was introduced with mammoth but I am not sure and
> maybe I am just being stupid. There are clicks/crackles in the audio
> too but qjackctl/messages shows no xruns.

	This is just a wild guess but, if you're using an envy24 chipset
(ice1712) and playing an existing session, check (envy24control) to make
sure that you aren't using Digital Mix L/R for output.  This will
sometimes make the output sound overloaded.

	Another WAG, if you're using any plugins in an existing session the
values aren't being read in properly so you can get some really weird
results.

Jan