[ardour-dev] Testing cvs 05/01/2004

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Sun May 2 05:48:33 PDT 2004

Hi Jan,

Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net>:
> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 06:36, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > * Master output sounds "overloaded" although the mixer settings
> > should be okay. I think this was introduced with mammoth but I am
> > not sure and maybe I am just being stupid. There are
> > clicks/crackles in the audio too but qjackctl/messages shows no
> > xruns.
>
> 	This is just a wild guess but, if you're using an envy24 chipset
> (ice1712) and playing an existing session, check (envy24control) to
> make sure that you aren't using Digital Mix L/R for output.  This
> will sometimes make the output sound overloaded.

No ice1712.

> 	Another WAG, if you're using any plugins in an existing session the
> values aren't being read in properly so you can get some really weird
> results.

Oh right, there was something in ardour-dev about this, thanks for the
reminder. So I remove all plugins, session plays ok. I save the session
and try to reopen it: kswapd goes into heavy action, eats all swap and
syslog says "kernel: __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed
(gfp=0xf0/0)"

> Jan

Wolfgang