[ardour-dev] Testing cvs 05/01/2004

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Sun May 2 04:36:16 PDT 2004

Ardour/GTK 0.502.0
libardour 0.801.1

Hi,
some problems with the cvs tarball (05/01/2004):

* Click doesn't click. Changing the outputs in options makes ardour
segfault. No difference between using a new session and using an
existing session.

* Opening an existing session the master fader and _some_ of the
channels are set to "-inf", all other channels are set to "-0,0". I
restore the mix, save it, make a snapshot, restart ardour and open the
session again: Again master and some channels are "-inf", all others
are "-0,0". Using the snapshot doesn't restore the mixer settings and
pops up messages with "cannot open automation event file". (Using
another "ancient" snapshot makes ardour segfault)

* Master output sounds "overloaded" although the mixer settings should
be okay. I think this was introduced with mammoth but I am not sure and
maybe I am just being stupid. There are clicks/crackles in the audio
too but qjackctl/messages shows no xruns.

Wolfgang