[ardour-dev] Ardour lab

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Mar 13 09:14:32 PST 2004

Hi Doug,

This message seems more suited for ardour-users list, but here's
my impressions...

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 07:41:29AM -0500, Doug wrote:
> /usr/local/bin/jackstart -R -t500 -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -m -H

> Mostly I tried to get a handle on whats happening with the I/O
> performance on tapedeck.  I reversed roles and recorded into athlon1.
> Tapedeck was spitting and sputtering and snap crackle pop, burping and
> farting its way thru the same cubase project, while ardour, running on
> athlon1, proudly and flawlessly captured every embarrasing moment.
> Everything afterwards is pretty much inconclusive i think, till i
> determine whats up with that CPU thing.  I was vey happy with ardour's
> performance on athlon1 though.  Worst case I'll just go Nforce2 on all
> my machines.  I'm sure that wont be necessary though.

Odd. You don't say what kernel version(s) you're using or
how you set up your audio workstation (e.g. planet CCRMA
or Agnula or did everything "from scratch" or what)...
This certainly sounds like hardware that is either bad or
something is misconfigured.
Have you been through EVERYTHING in the usual checklists?
this is a good one:
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html

--

Paul Winkler