[ardour-dev] StreamPanners can MUTE?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jun 17 21:31:14 PDT 2004

>Does the app call set_position or what? How does a route, for example, get
>a panner assigned to it?

the route sets up its own panner based on its input,output+redirect
setup. you don't need to do anything. you shouldn't do anything, in fact.

>			  I don't have enough hardware to learn to define a
>2d panner.

heh. me neither.

	     when I went looking through ui.h I didn't see anything that
>adds a panner to a UI object.

correct. but ui.h? io.h ?

>UI.panner() is supposed to get me a panner, but set_position() wants a

IO::panner() returns Panner*. this is an object with a list of
StreamPanners.