[ardour-dev] [ardour-users] major crash w/ 0.9beta16.1

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jun 8 17:32:05 PDT 2004

[first sent this to Ardour-users.... then decided I better join up here]

Just when I was getting to love it, Ardour froze up and made the machine
totally unresponsive! Couldn't even ssh in to kill the process, had to
reboot. When I got it back online, I found to my horror that all the
files in the sounds folder of my session are unreadable. They cannot be
opened by Ardour, nor by any other app. Even sndfile-info finds them
"unknow format". When trying to load the session containing these files,
Ardour segfaults with no error message, not even with Gnu Debugger.

some specs:
ShuttleX SN41G2
Athlon XP - 2.6 Ghz, 512Mb
Gentoo 2.6.4-ck1 kernel
M Audio Delta 66

Jack version: 0.98.1-r1
ALSA driver version: 1.0.5 [compiled seperate from kernel]

I wish I could tell you what I did just before this happened... I was
muting and unmuting tracks, as I had been doing all night, playing back
several and monitoring one record track without writing anything.
Nothing out of the ordinary. And I can't find any log telling me what
went wrong either.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
d.

--