[Ardour-Users] Fwd: Opening a very old session (Ardour 2.?) fails with Ardour 6

Michael Kuhlmann rua.kuhlmann at t-online.de
Sat Jun 26 22:43:30 PDT 2021

In addition to what Ralf has written: A very useful old Linux
distribution with a pre-installed Ardour 2.8 was/is TangoStudio 2.2,
based on Debian 7, which can be easily installed even today in 32 and 64
bit versions:

https://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Tango-Studio-62532.shtml

On my machines it has always been a very reliable and fast audio
distribution. It even runs on a Pentium III 650 Mhz with 784 MB RAM
where I use it as a kind of emergency system, with a manually installed
Ardour 5.12. Unfortunately TangoStudio isn't kept up to date any more.

Michael