[Ardour-Users] "Export to Audio File" takes forever and never finishes

Mon Jan 18 10:03:17 PST 2021

Hi!

Being a noob, I have managed to make some sounds that I would like to be
able to export to a wav, but when I try to do this, it seems to take
forever. I can see that a wav has been created under the ar_sess
folder, but most of the time it is only 44 bytes long.

(I have managed to get a bit more - 1.5 MB, but I have no idea why it's
that size, most of the time it just writes 44 bytes and then
nothing more).

I find myself waiting for ages, but not much gets written to file.

This is on the ardour packaged in Debian stable - the about dialog
says 5.12.0 (rev 1:5.12.0-3), using Jack and a Behringer UMC204HD audio
interface - just playing and recording sounds works just fine otherwise.

Does anybody have a clue on what I am doing wrong?

This seems very much similar to

https://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=8406

but no reply there, so I ask here for more visibility.

best
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
andreas at ronnquist.net

[Please don't CC me, if I mail to a mailinglist, I am subscribed to it.]