[Ardour-Users] Ardour as a midi timecode slave

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:57:50 PDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 8:17 PM robertlazarski <robertlazarski at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> jack_transport does exactly what I want via the start / stop commands.
>> However it is an interactive shell program. I want to execute each
>> jack_transport command with a background process at a timed interval using
>> jltctrigger (also for Adrour and OSC), for discussion purposes identical to
>> execution in crontab. Does jack_transport have to be interactive? I have
>> done some "expect" language interactive shell programming but thought i'd
>> ask.
>>

> echo 'play' | jack_transport
> echo 'stop' | jack_transport

Perfect!

All in background processes I was able to (a) start / stop ardour via OSC,
and (b) play / stop Rosegarden with incoming midi clock and midi System
Real-Time Messages using the jack_midi_clock program that sends messages
when controlled by jack_transport play / stop.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped.
Robert