[Ardour-Users] m-audio fast track ultra setup

m.eik michalke m at reaktanz.de
Fri Apr 30 05:54:36 PDT 2021

hi there,

i bought myself a used m-audio fast track ultra 8R (19" rack version with 8
mic inputs) a few weeks ago:

 https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/m-audio-fast-track-ultra-8r-166705

it kind of works out of the box with ALSA, but it took me a while to get to a
configuration that really made sense to me, not only for music production but
also for daily stuff like video conferences, so pulseaudio had to be tamed as
well. i really enjoy working with the device now, so i thought i'd share my
config with you, in case you also find a cheap one on ebay or so (you can
sometimes get them for 50-100€):

 https://gist.github.com/unDocUMeantIt/651b621d48108c9a301224ffb886ca20

(if someone knows a way to automatically add and remove custom sinks/sources
to puleseaudio without restarting the daemon when the device is being added/
removed, i'm all ears ;)).

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::.       ..    ..::  dipl. psych. : : m.eik michalke  ::..    ..  ..  .::