[Ardour-Users] Migrating an Ardour 2 Session to Ardour 6?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Oct 30 06:19:25 PDT 2020

On 10/30/20 11:59 AM, Martin Lynch wrote:
> Just started using 6.3, and in the process of going through my back catalog
> of sessions, discovered a session I recorded many years ago on 2.0 (I
> think).

That is unusual. Sessions created with Ardour 2 (or any version) should
load in recent Ardour 6.x, although there are likely some edge cases.

Would you mind filing a bug report at https://tracker.ardour.org and if
possible attach an .ardour session file to a bug report?

> Also, when I first installed 6.3, a message appeared explaining Ardour had
> found sessions from 5.2 (I think) and asked if I'd like to have them
> converted.

New major versions ask whether to convert settings (user-preferences),
not sessions. To start over simply remove Ardour's preference dialog.

On GNU/Linux this is ~/.config/ardour6.

This won't have any effect on session-compatibility.

ciao,
robin