[Ardour-Users] Audio files imported with an extra gap that doesn't exist on disk

James Harkins jamshark70 at zoho.com
Sat Mar 28 04:06:04 PDT 2020

---- On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:14:57 -1000 James Harkins <jamshark70 at zoho.com> wrote ----
> When I open the file in Audacity, I can see that the sound is trimmed to the beginning of the file. No gap.
>
> When I import exactly the same file into Ardour (I've verified the path -- they are read from the same location), Ardour has automagically inserted a gap at the beginning of the file. This gap has no relationship with the project tempo or with any other feature of the audio file.

I finally fixed it by rewriting the files (using SuperCollider) to ensure a fresh header, and new filenames.

Probably the issue is: 1. I must have imported the files before editing (I don't remember now). 2. Edited the files externally. 3. Reimported (same filenames) -- I guess at that point, Ardour had cached something for display, and didn't update?

Anyway, panic over.

Is this fixed in a newer release?

hjh