[Ardour-Users] please hint me to the docs

m.eik michalke m at reaktanz.de
Tue Jun 16 02:05:29 PDT 2020

hi robin,

Am Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020, 05:12:06 CEST schrieb Robin Gareus:
> > i figured out there was a firewire misconfiguration on the board itself,
> > and as soon as i had set the firewire device from 1 to 0 it was
> > immediately recognized by the automatically loaded ALSA dice driver.

(btw, my understanding now is that the firewire link ID can be used to string
together multiple boards)

> The upstream of ALSA/Firewire is
> https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve#readme
> not sure if that helps for the case at hand though.

ah, there's a file named presonus.c but it's for another device.

> I think you will likely get more information from
> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel

thanks, i've asked on alsa-devel, let's see if that helps.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::.       ..    ..::  dipl. psych. : : m.eik michalke  ::..    ..  ..  .::