[Ardour-Users] region splitting

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Wed Jul 1 01:26:30 PDT 2020

pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question, but a behaviour i've
been used to for years (i've been an ardour user since 2006) has
suddenly changed for me and i can't figure out why. i'm sure it's just a
preference somewhere that i accidentally clicked, but i can't find it,
and don't know what it would be named.

if i have a long region and want to cut a small segment out of it (by
making 2 cuts and deleting) i expect the two remaining regions (from
before and after the cut) to remain where they are. now, the later
region jumps back on the timeline to replace the segment i cut out.
also, i cannot move regions from one track to another - i can move them
along the timeline on the same track, but i can't drag them to another one.

i'm running ardour 6.0.0 on a late 2009 macbook pro running el capitan.
i've been using 6.0.0 since it was released with no problems until
today. if i create a new project in ardour5 it doesn't happen, but if i
create a new identical project in ardour6, it does.

what did i do?

best,
patrick

--