[Ardour-Users] Scarlett 2i2 ver 3 - audio from ardour stops, other sources have no problems

m.eik michalke m at reaktanz.de
Sat Apr 11 14:22:58 PDT 2020

Am Samstag, 11. April 2020, 18:01:13 CEST schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Great info on how the HWE LTS releases work. I tried it out on the
> Virtualbox VM I built and it worked like a charm. I wanted the Mixbus
> laptop to be an LTS machine so that I wouldn't be updating. I may go back
> to 18.04 LTS, upgrade the kernel and see if that was all that was required.
> A little more work now but potentially more stable and a better fit for my
> needs.

i'm glad it was helpful.

i'd wait for the next LTS release which is scheduled for this month (20.04),
and not go back to 18.04. you should be able to upgrade from 19.10 (and you
will have to, as it's only supported for 9 months IIRC). you should probably
wait until june/july when 20.04.1 is ready, which would also be the moment
when a direct upgrade from 18.04 is available (i.e., you can upgrade from one
LTS release to the next one, but only after its first point release, so you'll
not ruin your stable system with too many initially shipped bugs).

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::.       ..    ..::  dipl. psych. : : m.eik michalke  ::..    ..  ..  .::