[Ardour-Users] Scarlett 2i2 ver 3 - audio from ardour stops, other sources have no problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 11:04:52 PDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:34 PM Gunter Königsmann <gunter at peterpall.de>
wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxaudio/comments/ckotux/anyone_got_a_3rd_gen_focusrite_scarlett_working/
> seems to suggest you'll need a linux kernel >5.0.0 for the 3rd gen
> scarlett to work.
>
> Kind regards,
>
>       Gunter

Thank you. His description is certainly very similar to the problems I'm
seeing. The laptop is currently Kubuntu 18.04 LTS, like his description,
and the kernel is 4.15.0-96-generic which is up to date for LTS but not a
series 5 kernel.

My big machine with the HDSP 9652 is Kubuntu 19.10 with 5.3.0-46-generic
which might explain why I don't see the problem on simple tests using the
Scarlett 3rd gen.

Small update - even though the laptop is using the older kernel I ran last
even with ALL networking turned off for about 2 hours with no failures or
obvious problems.

As there's almost nothing on the machine other than Mixbus & Ardour I'll
update to Kubuntu 19.10 and see if the problems go away.

Thanks for a very hopeful path!

Cheers,
Mark