[Ardour-Users] Scarlett 2i2 ver 3 - audio from ardour stops, other sources have no problems

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Apr 8 19:41:04 PDT 2020

On Wed, April 8, 2020 5:57 pm, Mark Knecht wrote:
> QUESTION: I don't know that xruns are even involved in this.
> Most of the time they are not called out in the log file.

If the device actually stopped running I would expect there to be
indication (the Mixbus backend would halt at that point).

This is a real longshot, but the next time it stops making output can you
check alsamixer to make sure some application or service did not start up
and try to change the audio settings?  I would not expect that to be
likely, but it seems really strange that you don't get any errors
indicated, but the audio just stops.  Some application starting up and
trying to change the audio settings while the device is in use might do
that.  I've never had it happen to me, but I have unplugged my USB
interface accidentally, and it is usually pretty obvious (like the Ardour
transport will stop, or jackd will just hang).

--
Chris Caudle