[Ardour-Users] Scarlett 2i2 ver 3 - audio from ardour stops, other sources have no problems

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 8 11:21:49 PDT 2020

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:45:24 +0100, Anahata wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 10:25:19AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> at some point while using Mixbus audio out
>> of the Scarlett just stops. Mixbus continues to work - all meters are
>> running - but audio stops coming out of the Scarlett. Sometimes the
>> Mixbus error log will show an xrun, sometimes not.
>
>The fact that it's a laptop and you mention xruns makes me wonder if
>you have Wireless networking active? If so, the first thing I'd try is
>disabling that, as it's certainly known to break latency on many
>systems. It's a stretch from that to audio stopping completely, but
>let's eliminate that possibility first.

Hi,

IIRC there's kind of a "laptop tools" package that kind of "turn off"
USB after some idle time. I vaguely remember that an USB mouse stopped
working after being unused for a while on my desktop PC, when
booted into Ubuntu and it didn't come back anymore. IIRC I removed a
laptop related package or disabled a service or some setting.

Regards,
Ralf