[Ardour-Users] meta-projects

Lukas Pirl ardour at lukas-pirl.de
Sat May 18 04:18:50 PDT 2019

Hallo m.eik,

On Tue, 2019-05-14 10:08 +0200, m.eik michalke wrote as excerpted:
> we want some of the tracks to be joined by various field
> recordings, so there's no true ending of one song and beginning of the
> next,
> but a seamless flow from one to the other. is there a best way of doing
> this
> when all songs are in separate projects? can you create a new meta-project
> and
> link all the individual project files, so you get the output of e.g. their
> master busses in individual regions (maybe using a plugin)?

from my understanding, this sounds pretty much like what is happening in the mastering stage. And I guess, yes, you'd traditionally export all your tracks and assemble them gap-less in a separate session.

If you want a fancy automated way of joining your sessions, just doing it manually is probably much quicker and easier (except you expect to do this very often). :)

As a compromise, you could link the audio files of your "meta session" to all the exports instead of copying the files to your session folder but then you can't move your sessions around in your file system…

Best,

lp