[Ardour-Users] meta-projects

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue May 14 04:30:19 PDT 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 05:26:20AM -0500, Brett Clark wrote:
> Caveat emptor - I am not a real Sound Engineer, but i do pretend to be one
> in my home studio

I should say the same, I guess, but...

> The way i assemble the songs for an album is i export a mixdown of all the
> songs to their own wav files, then i create a separate project for the
> album where i pull in those wav's and line them up on the timeline.  This
> is where i add the transitions from one song to the next, setup all my CD
> markers, and setup the mastering

Exactly what I do, too. And the .WAVs come in as stereo tracks at the
same resolution as recorded (usually 32 bit float/48kHz for me), so any
conversion e.g. to 16/44.1 is done in the full album export. Quite
often I leave each track on its own channel too, so any changes in level
between tracks or plugins per track can be applied without automation.

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk