[Ardour-Users] Noise when downloading files

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Feb 4 12:25:44 PST 2019

Hi,

both the network cable and audio cable are (can be) antennas. And if
your network connection is via wifi, then there actually is an antenna
involved as well. And while 2.4GHz or 5GHz may be far beyond what your
speakers transfer, the low frequency of data packets as a whole
transfered may even be audible.

Or its just your output amp fluctuating because of the power needed by
the network card (wired or wireless) to transfer the packets...

- Arnold