[Ardour-Users] Slice marks makes noise

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Oct 28 04:14:33 PDT 2018

jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> writes:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 17:03:56 -0400
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> by default, ardour adds declicking fade in/fade out curves at the
>> beginning and end of every region, to prevents clicks at region
>> boundaries.
>>
>> There is, however, no perfect fade in/fade out curve that can prevent
>> all clicks, AND these curves necessarily change the gain structure of
>> the ends of the regions.
>>
>> You can disable individual region fades by right clicking on a given
>> fade in/out handle or curve, or disable all of them in one step with
>> Session > Properties > Fades > Region Fades Active
>
> If there's already a mechanism to lessen the impact of slices,
> disabling it does not seem to be a good thing.  I tried to add some
> fades at the highest zoom level but the slice can still be heard.

You could try to change the kind of cross-fade to "Linear" instead of
the default(?) "Constant Power".  The latter is intended for fading
between uncorrelated sound sources.

Could Ardour do this automatically if it detected a fade between tracks
corresponding to a continuing source?

--
David Kastrup