[Ardour-Users] Current best method for multi-band compression within Ardour?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Nov 18 11:10:02 PST 2018

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:10:27 -0500
Seablade - <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:

> Similarly the Harrison XT-MC Robin mentioned is fantastic and is now
> my goto.

About commercial offerings, of which there are many, the multiband
compressor from Melda is quite good while it has creative crossover
settings.  The can be regular crossovers, but they can also be linear
phase.  In addition the crossovers can be based on level values, on
stereo, on mid/side, on spectrum and on transients, from 6dB to 120dB.
This said, the XT-MC is also excellent and has its own
characteristics.  Since I got the Melda multiband compressor recently
it tends to be my goto for the time being.  I run it in Linux using
linvst/wine-staging.

Cheers.