[Ardour-Users] Current best method for multi-band compression within Ardour?

jys junkyardsparkle at yepmail.net
Sat Nov 17 16:29:43 PST 2018

On a tangent from [Ardour-Users] GUI toolkit support thread...

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018, at 11:56, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 11/15/2018 08:50 PM, m.eik michalke wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2018, 14:09:57 CET schrieb Paul Davis:
> >> Plugins need to be self-contained blobs of code that rely on nothing except
> >> their language runtime and the facilities offered by the host.
> >
> > does this mean that all calf plugins will be comletely defunct then? :: m.
>
> Aren't they already? :-)

I've been out of touch with this stuff for almost a decade... what would be the currently suggested way of doing multi-band compression within Ardour (trying to keep things simple and avoid Jack plumbing at this juncture). I'm quite open to suggestions on up-to-date replacements for the calf plugins. :)

--
jys