[Ardour-Users] acoustic guitar tone

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Mar 5 14:52:11 PST 2018

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 09:31:19 +1100
Roger <gurusonic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/03/18 00:19, jonetsu wrote:

> >     I use one
> > omni and one condenser.  Audio-Technica AT2020 and AT2021,

> I have the same mics. They are both cardioid. ;)

Sorry !  I swapped a few days ago.  I had an AT2050
(multi-pattern) instead of the AT2020 and was still thinking of that
one, which I used for about 1.5 years.  I swapped it for the AT202 in
order to isolate a miking problem in which the sound would get much
lower at times in which case I would flick it with one nail and it
would be again up to the main volume.  I was suspecting the mic, the
cable, the preamp, the preamp's tube, so I started by swapping for the
AT202... problem gone.  Reminds me, I'll have to put it back to check
it out.  I still have a demo track with me flicking the mic near the
end :)