[Ardour-Users] Hanging MIDI notes with LV2 plugins on a MIDI Bus

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:24:59 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Ardour 5.12. If I connect one or more midi tracks to a midi bus with
when playback is stopped the plug-in notes hang as if no note-off
message was sent. The only way to achieve that is to press the 'panic'
button either in Ardour or the plugins.

I got this with the Yoshimi Multi plug-in but was able to reproduce at
least with ZynAddSubFX, Calf FluidSynth and amsynth.

This doesn't happen if the plug-in is added directly to the midi track.
I've tried to search in Mantis but didn't find a matching bug report is
this known/reported? Any work-around?

Lorenzo.