[Ardour-Users] Ardour using a bluetooth headset

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Jan 17 15:04:54 PST 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:45:17 +0100
Gunter Königsmann <gunter at peterpall.de> wrote:

> Then thanks for the thourough insight into this problem. As I have
> said if supporting my device is too much work I will live with a
> wired headset: in the end Bluetooth Headsets steht too useful in
> combination with a low-latency audio tool.

While not bluetooth I used wireless headphones, Sennheiser, for a few
years and they ended up increasingly annoying as I got more experience
in composing music and mixing it.  Now with wired headphones for about
3 years (Sony MDR-7508 Pro) I can feel in retrospect the air, the
music and the sounds breathing, and this reflects in the mixes.  If
there's no air in, as this was the case with the Sennheiser wireless
transmission which removed some by compressing the signal I believe,
then there's no air out and no breathing that goes through in the
mixes.

Not to mention one day when it picked up some radio advertisement, but
that's another story.

Cheers.