[Ardour-Users] Recording to Midi accompaniment

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Feb 17 02:35:15 PST 2018

Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:

> Ardour's own audio/MIDI backend use realtime scheduling as well. It was
> written by the same people who wrote JACK, except with the benefit of
> another decade's worth of experience.

Looks like most of my replies here get lost in moderation for some
reason.  Let me just reply to this point: I find it makes good sense to
run the realtime code from a separate program in order to limit its
footprint.  Arguably that would also favor the C-written Jack1 over the
C++-written Jack2 since the latter has both a larger static footprint as
well as likely having a larger rate of code excursions into a
comparatively large standard library.

--
David Kastrup