[Ardour-Users] "Extract LTC from audio and align video" menu option missing from "Transcode/Import Video file" popup

robertlazarski . robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:51:21 PDT 2018

Hello,

First of all I compiled the latest official release from source, and
installed the harvid binaries in /usr/bin. If compiling from source is part
of my problem, I will gladly download a binary for the very reasonable fee.
I compiled from source because I want to learn more about Ardour, to see if
if matches my video needs.

I recently posted a question about LTC on the LAU mailing list, and was
given some advice to try the Ardour "Extract LTC from audio and align
video" option. However, I don't see that option in the "Extract audio" drop
down box. I see two optons:"do not extract the video" , and an option for
"AAC" .

Can someone please clarify what I am missing, in order to see this LTC menu
option?

The problem I am trying to solve, is to get the audio from a BWF wave file
with 8 tracks and timecode metadata (recorded on a Zoom F8) , onto a MP4
file with CH1 containing LTC audio from the Zoom F8 BNC output.

Why I am using LTC is simply because I like a lot of things about it, and
it solves many problems for me in a way I believe that allows me to use
open source tools - I already am using bwftool and ltcdump. Timecode is on
a lot of relatively cheap new devices from Zoom and Sound Devices so I am
interested in it. I am still learning though. Some nice people on various
forums have helped me a lot so far.

Kind regards,
Robert