[Ardour-Users] focusrite-mixer -- was Ardour Monitoring

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 30 00:20:25 PDT 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:49:04 +0200, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
>I have just forwarded this info to the alsa-dev mailing list: I won't
>be able to help them with the testing so...

...you provided wrong information.

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2017-March/119309.html

I subscribed to alsa-devel, just to correct you post, unfortunately
subscription failed.

My apologies for posting it here.

This is what I wanted to send to the list:

Hi,

I only subscribed to the mailing list to correct wrong information.

The new device is a

  18i20 2nd gen
        ^^^^^^^

and the ID is

ID 1235:8201 Focusrite-Novation
   ^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps I'm the only Linux user with a 18i20 2nd gen.

I'm not interested in testing anything. I tested the 18i20 2nd gen with
Linux before I bought it. It fulfils what I need it for. I just need
the default settings and don't have time to do tests now, let alone that
I don't have Windows or a Mac to fix issues, if edited settings by
alsamixer should cause problems.

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Michael" described Floyd as "an idiot savant", and added, "Give him
any two numbers, and he can multiply them in his head, just like that."