[Ardour-Users] Editor window controls

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 12 04:57:01 PDT 2017

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:57:55 +0100, Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund wrote:
>Edit -> Preferences Misc Tab, but I can find no such tab in my
>preferences.

It's

  Preferences > Appearance > GUI and Font scaling

Just for Ardour I set up the CRT to 1440x960. I adjusted the font sizes
as small as possible, but still readable. Actually the GUI size here is
1490x886. So it still requires to move the main window vertically.
However, using the detached mixer horizontally still isn't a pleasure,
too, since a lot of elements are far to large and others are too small
and require scrolling. Plugin fonts are often unreadable small. Not to
mention that it seems to be impossible to change some important
colours. I could edit most colours to get a mainly usable theme, but
some fonts are still unreadable.

I suspect to use Ardour you need a huge LCD and brightness settings as
bright as a floodlight. The times of medium size dimmed screens is
gone. It's also not good to become older and to suffer from presbyopia.

Ardour keeps up with the times ;). Intel started to drop support for
CRTs. If there are issues, Intel support as well as at least Gigabyte
support ask you to test with a LCD.

Regards,
Ralf