[Ardour-Users] insert bars before start

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Sun Jan 29 09:36:29 PST 2017

hi lukas,

Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2017, 12:40:51 CET schrieb Lukas Pirl:
> not sure if you tried that already so I give it a go:
>
> In the session before you moved all your material (assuming you have
> a snapshot/backup of it): Try selecting all tracks, move your edit
> point to the start and then go to
>
>   [menu] → track → insert time
>
> and see if that feature does what you want.

thanks for the hint! looked promising at first, but as soon as i check the
option to also move tempo and time signature changes, the result is pretty
useless :-/

> Some people also always start their sessions at 1 hour to easily
> insert time before the session start later on. Maybe that is an
> option for your next session.

oh... ok... but this shouldn't be common behaviour, you shouldn't have to use
such workarounds, right?

i wonder what makes it such a hard task, to simply add some empty bars before
what's already there? why does ardour realign tracks at seemingly random
positions and mix up predefined changes, when all that's needed (from my view)
is a simple linear +n for all starting points of all regions?

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
http://OpenMusicContest.org  ::  https://C3S.cc  ::  http://reaktanz.de