[Ardour-Users] insert bars before start

Lukas Pirl ardour at lukas-pirl.de
Sun Jan 29 03:40:51 PST 2017

Hi m.eik,

not sure if you tried that already so I give it a go:

In the session before you moved all your material (assuming you have
a snapshot/backup of it): Try selecting all tracks, move your edit
point to the start and then go to

  [menu] → track → insert time

and see if that feature does what you want.

Some people also always start their sessions at 1 hour to easily
insert time before the session start later on. Maybe that is an
option for your next session.

Cheers,

Lukas

On 01/28/2017 08:24 PM, m.eik michalke wrote as excerpted:
> hi,
>
> i have recorded a project with some dozens of tracks, which
> includes some time signature changes as well as changes in tempo.
> as it turns out, we need to add something *before* the whole thing
> starts, so i'd like to move everything simultanously, or insert a
> number of bars before the piece starts. is that possible?
>
> i've tried to manually change all time signature and tempo
> configuration to later bars, select everything and then move it to
> the new starting position, but the final result looks/sounds like
> bits and pieces are not correctly aligned any longer. especially
> the MIDI regions are completely off their track.
>
> any ideas?
>

> viele grüße :: m.eik

+49 174 940 74 71
GPG: http://lukas-pirl.de/media/attachments/lukas_pirl.pub