[Ardour-Users] Locate peaks

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sat Oct 22 07:08:43 PDT 2016

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
With some luck the combination of a compressor a expander that reduces the volume as long as the only thing that can be heard is the noise floor.

...but there are othet places that could be handled using a peak detector. For example a 10-hour recording of nature that resulted more silent than you thought but cannot be made louder using a normalizer: at one point within the 10 hours an insect has hit your microphone making a very short "pok" noise. Just removing this noise sometimes is easier than using the compressor. But sometimes I have trouble finding it.