[Ardour-Users] Seemingly random glitches in exported audio

Michael Kuhlmann RuA.Kuhlmann at t-online.de
Wed Oct 12 00:11:35 PDT 2016

On Tue, October 11, 2016 5:33 pm, Ben Bell wrote:
> I'm in the last stages of exporting a project and I'm suffering random
> glitches in the output audio. They sound a little like tiny fragment of
> audio getting repeated as if a buffer wasn't serviced in time. That
> shouldn't make sense with a freewheeled jack export though, right?

Hi Ben,

I had got a similar problem like you describe it - but under Ardour 3, it has disappeared since Ardour 4.
This was my old bug report:
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=5880

Maybe your problem has similar reasons...?

Michael

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Ardour-Users] Seemingly random glitches in exported audio
Datum: 2016-10-12T04:52:16+0200
Von: "Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org>
An: "ardour-users at lists.ardour.org" <ardour-users at lists.ardour.org>

On Tue, October 11, 2016 5:33 pm, Ben Bell wrote:
> I'm in the last stages of exporting a project and I'm suffering random
> glitches in the output audio. They sound a little like tiny fragment of
> audio getting repeated as if a buffer wasn't serviced in time. That
> shouldn't make sense with a freewheeled jack export though, right?

Have you tried using the direct ALSA backend rather than the JACK backend?
For exporting you should also be able to use the dummy backend.

--
Chris Caudle

To unsubscribe  or change your mailing preferences please visit: