[Ardour-Users] Send midi back to midi keyboard

Pol Monsó Purtí lluna.nova at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:57:32 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm on linux mint (an ubuntu flavour) and I've successfully configured jack
and midi on ardour3 and I can now record what I'm playing on my keyboard.
What I haven't figured out how to do is how to send midi to the keyboard
from ardour. My goal is to play a song, record the midi track and then to
be able to play it back using the closed-source sound bank of the keyboard.

I've fiddled the tracks/busses and the (similar) window that pops up when
clicking the midi track on the editor mixer. I've also added a midi file
from the internet to prevent the feedback loop light blinking, hoping it
would work.

I've managed to make my keyboard play using the vbkey... (aka virtual midi
keyboard), so it is possible to send midi to it.

Any idea if it is possible and how to achieve this?

Cheers,

Pol