[Ardour-Users] 4-channel stereo

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sat May 21 13:00:10 PDT 2016

On 21.05.2016 13:24, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
>> Select the 2 (or more) files in the Import Dialog.
>>
>> If the duration of all files is identical, the "Mapping" dropdown offers
>> a "Merge" option.
> I knew the solution would be easy. Loads of thanks!
>> Then again it may not be what you want. Ardour does not feature 4.0 (or
>> 5.1 or N.M panning). Currently the only built-in multi-channel panner in
>> Ardour is VBAP.
> Don't need panning so ardour can offer me everything I want.
>
> The first try to import the files crashed. Don't know how to extract the
> stacktrace but attached a screenshot of it hoping that it might be
> helpful. The next attempt to import the file worked fine, though.

Ok... ...found out how to crash ardour (the git head from 2 days ago)
reliably on my Ubuntu Box. Seems like it requires loads of
user-interaction:
 - Select 2 files to import and press "Import" with the mapping "One
track per file".
 - Abort this action
 - select "merge files"
 - Press "Import"
 - After the track has finished importing ardour crashes.

Kind regards,

 Gunter.