[Ardour-Users] Moving the beginning and the end of a recording
gunter at peterpall.de
Fri Jul 22 02:00:58 PDT 2016
> Also I have the impression that "i" and "j" set the region start and end
> to a point that is slightly different to the one my marker (playhead)
> currently is at. Haven't fully investigated this, though, up to now.
> If your edit point is set to Playhead and the grid is turned off, then
> this is a bug and should be addressed. But confirm the first two
> conditions are met first?
I think I can confirm this:
- Create a session with one long recording (mine contained one 2 hours
recording in one track. If you want I can upload such a session somewhere)
- Set the edit point to be the playhead
- select "No grid"
- Zoom in far enough that you can see a fraction of a second
- Select "grab mode"
- click on the recording
- Set the play head to the place you want to cut the recording at
- press "j"
- The recording is truncated slightly to the left of the playhead.
More information about the Ardour-Users