[Ardour-Users] Export hangs after script executing

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Wed Feb 24 03:43:14 PST 2016

Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2016, 12:12:16 schrieb JoergSorge:
> Hi m.eik michalke:
> > Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2016, 11:21:12 schrieb JoergSorge:
> >> I'm on ubuntu 14.4. I'm not sure if
> >> --prefix=/usr
> >> is right? How can I find out the path?
> >
> > you could use the packages from KXStudio. as of this morning, jackd2 is
> > available in version 1.9.11~20160223-1~trusty1 :: m.
>
> How can I install ONLY the current jack2 package from kxstudio-repos
> without change the desktop and other software?

here's the package:
https://launchpad.net/~kxstudio-debian/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntus/+sourcepub/6095164/+listing-archive-extra

but it might draw in new dependencies if you don't install it via the
repository. my preferred method for problems like these is

 - download both the *.orig.tar.bz2 and *.debian.tar.gz files from that site
 - unpack the *.orig.tar.bz2 archive
 - cd into the new directory
 - unpack the *.debian.tar.gz here
 - run "dpkg-buildpackage -b"

that should rebuild the package(s) properly and set dependencies to what you
have installed on your machine. it will fail with useful information if you're
missing build dependencies. once there's a newser version in the repos you're
useing, the package will automatically be replaced again.

just a hint (but far beyond the scope of this list) is to have a look at the
reprepro[1] package. it helps you setting up a local debian repository within
a few minutes. that is extremely helpful if you want to bring packages like
the ones above to more than one machine. i've combined this with a seafile[2]
share on my machines, works like a charm.

viele grüße :: m.eik

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SettingUpSignedAptRepositoryWithReprepro
[2] https://www.seafile.com/en/home/
--