[Ardour-Users] Export hangs after script executing

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Feb 23 22:32:50 PST 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 00:38:22 +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:
>actually git: 1.9.10-g1ed50c92) is known to be good WRT to this
>freewheeling bug

IOW I can't use Ardour because:

1. I can't use ALSA, because the Linux driver for some RME cards is
buggy.

2. I can't use JACK2, because even rolling releases that follow latest
official releases from upstream, provide a buggy version of JACK2.

IOW don't expect that your RME card works with Ardour ALSA and don't
expect that the official latest release of JACK2 works with Ardour.

Either build JACK2 from git or use JACK1 [1] or drop your RME card and
buy another audio card.

So running Ardour became not that easy.

;)

[1]