[Ardour-Users] Summing up to mono ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 27 16:35:42 PST 2016

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:02:22 +0000
Leo Francisco <lists at boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

> I monitor in mono sometimes to check the mono compatibility and also
> the balance. Often the level of the vocals, kick and reverbs will be
> more obviously too loud or too quiet in mono.
>
> The single speaker Thomas is referring to is often this one:
> https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun10/articles/mixcubeactives.htm

I saw a Behringer C50A "as-new" on Amazon warehouse deals, so I thought
that saving $100 would be worthwhile.  As Joe mentioned I would be not
so sure about the mono switch in Ardour, simply because it still goes
physically through two speakers.

This then means that a single output from the (1010LT) card will be
used, obviously.  What about Ardour's mixing setup ?  How are the tracks
all sent to this single output ?  (Funny, I have a session from last
year currently loaded in 4.7 and the mixer's monitor button refuses to
show the monitor panel - so let's load another session...)  The monitor
only offers stereo pair outputs.  Is the way to do it now to create a
mono bus that will have this single output, and add sends to all
channels to send to this bus ?

Cheers.