[Ardour-Users] Could not create session

JoergSorge technik at srb.fm
Sun Aug 14 23:56:22 PDT 2016

Hi John,

> I just installed Ubuntu Studio packages onto my working install of
> Ubuntu 16.04, following the instructions here:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu%20Studio%20Upgrade%20from%20Ubuntu

in the past years, I've success work with jack and ardour on standard
ubuntu distros with the ardour packages, that are provided by the ardour
developers. According to my experience, you are maybe running into
trouble with installing ubuntu studio additionally to a standard ubuntu.

Is realtime processing the mostly heavy piece for you, for example to
record live music sessions? When not, than use a standard ubuntu,
install jack and ardour and you are fine.

I've a little tutorial for setting up a audio workstation on ubuntu, but
currently it's only in german. (This setup is installing over 30/40 times!)

http://joergsorge.de/blog/?p=124

Additionally I have created a few scripts to install important libs an
programs...

https://github.com/xpilgrim/install-audio-libs-ubuntu

Best regards