[Ardour-Users] time signature problem and MIDI region stretching/shrinking

Eric Würbel eric at vents-sauvages.fr
Mon Aug 15 01:15:39 PDT 2016

Hello listers,

I'm a long time ardour user and I just subscribed to download the new
5.0 version (thanks for the great work !).

Simultaneously, I started to work with MIDI, an aspect of Ardour which I
didn't dig before, and I like very much the MIDI working flow which have
been developped in ardour.

By the way, I have a question :

Switching a session from 3.0 to 5.0, ardour misinterpreted time
signature change : when switching from 4/4 to 7/8, the 5.0 version has
compressed the time by 2, i.e. it misinterpred the MIDI data in the
corresponding region, playing it too fast by a factor of 2. (In fac I
suspect that it misinterpret the time signature, but have to dig a
little bit more into that. regression ?).

In order to circumvent the problem, I want to readjust the 7/8 part of
the region by stretching it by a factor of 2. Is it possible to do that
? And if so, how ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Eric