[Ardour-Users] xruns invasion with firewire. kstudio 14 or 16

Damien Delpiroux xzurukneg at free.fr
Mon Aug 8 04:54:20 PDT 2016

Hello.
Here a copy of my distress message send to ffado user's list. Maybe some
of you can explain log message or what to do for investigate.
Thanks.
---
I'm so distraught. :/
I need to record for a serious project, and now my recording with
ardour4.7.0 is invaded by xruns!

I use saffire pro 40 since 2012 without issues.
The xruns are system dependent: no problem with 12.04, but with kxstudio
14.04 and 16.04 (same package, anyway).
All that since midweek update (near wednesday 03/08/2016).
I've tried other kernel (3.13-27 or -33 instead of last one) for 14.04:
nothing better.
And no other apps are runnig when I record with Ardour.
Always, the xruns come by "package" (nearly 20):
http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-08082016-130622.php
As you can see, it's cyclic: 10min ok, 20xruns, then 30min ok.. odd thing!

I've tried to learn more by jack in terminal, but
jackd -P70 -dfirewire -dhw:1 -r41000 -p64 -n3  or
 jackd -P70 -dfirewire -r41000 -p64 -n3 or
jackd -P70 -dfirewire -dhw:0 -r41000 -p64 -n3 -->all don't work!
See: http://pastebin.com/hKgAxn0t

Jack's log here, (divided):
http://pastebin.com/Kjq7nCPb
http://pastebin.com/mEJPSb3R
http://pastebin.com/ABm7mhQE

Always:
JackEngine::XRun: client = ardour was not finished, state = Running
 ERROR: JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
--->what do that mean?

The last thing, maybe the most important: I can't ear any noise with
this xruns, even if I zoom max in ardour: nothing bad in the wave form!
Is something broken on these system, or is jack become paranoiac?
Anyway, I can't safely works in this conditions. Too tiring nervously.
And can't check if this xruns are audible or not every times.
Please help.

Best,

--
Damien.DX