[Ardour-Users] A4.4: Critical bug using calf's lv2

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Oct 27 10:04:37 PDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 05:32 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> On 27 October 2015 at 12:21, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> This was a design decision that I made over a decade ago.
>>
>> People argue all the time about the best compressor, limiter,
>> EQ and reverb. They often disable the one built in to their
>> preferred DAW in order to use another one. There seemed to be
>> little point going down that same route on Linux, where the
>> maturity of the available plugins was low.
>>
>> We may revisit this decision in the future.
>
> How robust are the Harrison Mixbus plugins with Ardour?  I bought
> and use a number of them without issue.

There is no difference in the handling of LV2 plugins Ardour vs Mixbus.
If they work in Mixbus they'll work in Ardour [1].

We're not aware of any issues and as far as I can tell, they're very
good quality.

Like with all GUI software, the likelihood of it being 100% bug-free is
small, but in my experience they are very robust and work reliably.
Nevertheless if you discover a problem, please don't hesitate to contact
Harrison support which is very responsive.

best,
robin

[1] A recent change in Ardour's automation handling in Ardour
4.4-98-g0880a16 required updating the plugins.  New versions of Mixbus3
(interim releases) have that fix and include updated plugins. Works for
me with existing license files.