[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.4 released

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Oct 17 06:21:53 PDT 2015

On 10/17/2015 02:46 PM, David Santamauro wrote:

> On 10/16/2015 04:01 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>> There's a whole universe of VSTs, you know..
>>
>> but if I recall correctly the criteria was:
>>    * free-software (source available)
>>    * cross-platform: OSX, Win, Linux
>> right?
>
> Although I haven't run Ardour on windows, are you saying that
> closed-source windows VSTs can't/won't work in Ardour?

No, all VSTs (closed or not) will work with Ardour on Windows as long as
they are according to VST2.X specs (most are).

but note: 32bit Ardour will only load 32bit VST, and 64bit Ardour only
64bit VST (there is no bridging).

The critera above were specifically for Joern's workshop see
"[Ardour-Users] Basic set of cross-platform plugins?" from May this year:

http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.org/2015-May/027196.html

best,
robin